[单端多孔折叠]腹腔镜模拟训练器
「训练教具器械汇总」管理员微信/QQ12087382[问题反馈]
开启左侧

[泌尿] 13岁吉娃娃膀胱梗阻患者的尿道造口术和绝育术

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-7-8 12:00:01 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
购买主题 已有 4 人购买  本主题需向作者支付 99 香叶 才能浏览
 楼主| 发表于 2016-7-8 12:00:02 | 显示全部楼层
Sep 22, 2015. Hari Raya Haji. This Chihuahua has heart and kidney and prostatic enlargement. The first vet advised surgery but the 13-year-old dog may die on the operating table. The owners did not want any surgery. The first vet inserted a needle to suck out 15 ml of lthe urine. But the dog still cannot pee and the bladder ballooned to the size of the mango. The brother who worked in my Toa Payoh Industrial Park area referred the sister to me.

X rays from the first vet shows 2 large bladder stones and one large stone behind the os penis. As the dog is old and in poor health, i did not open up the bladder to remove the bladder stones. The anasethesia will be protracted and the dog's heart may fail.

So, I opened up the urethra behind the os penis and removed the stone of 4 mm diameter. This surgery already takes half an hour but the dog has survived and that is what counts for the owner. The surgery is either urethrotomy (open up the urethra, remove the stone and let is close by itself but the danger is that the whole urethral wound becomes closed up and the dog cannot pee.

So, I did a urethrostomy which is to create a urethral opening by opening the sides of the urethra and stitching the sides to the skin. In this Chihuahua, the urethral diameter is 1.3 mm and so is very narrow. It was not possible to stitch the sides. I inserted the cat catheter for the next 10 days and let the surrounding tissues granulate and heal before removing the cathether.

The prostate enlargement will cause urethral obstruction too. This dog was neutered 2 days ago by Dr Daniel and is now alive. The owner consented to a blood test which showed high urea and creatinine levels.

The urethra is only 1.3 mm in diameter and so I have inserted the catheter for the past 7 days to ensure that the urethral opening is not closed up by the surrounding wound tissue.

The dog was neutered by Dr Daniel 2 days ago and is fortunately alive in this 2nd operation. Neutering will remove the male hormones enlarging the prostate and do away with Tardak injections by the first vet once or twice a week.

The owner consented to a blood test which showed high urea and creatinine levels. So the kidney disease is still present. The first vet adivsed twice a week 250-ml Hartmann's solution SC and so this needs to be done to prolong the life of the dog.

"You stil feed the dog a hamburger every day," I told the brother. "People with kidney failure need to be on a kidney diet to prevent overloading the kidney.and shutting it down."

登录/注册后可看大图

The dog will not eat the prescription KD diet because the owner did not persevere by giving small amounts with the hamburger till 100% of KD diet is eaten some 2-3 weeks later.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

丁香叶与你快乐分享

微信公众号

管理员微信

服务时间:8:30-21:30

站长微信/QQ

← 微信/微信群

← QQ

Copyright © 2013-2024 丁香叶 Powered by dxye.com  手机版 
快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部